A Brief History of the Organization
The Les Hommes Educational Foundation, Inc. was established in October, 2007 by The Les Hommes Civic & Social Club. The membership consists of all members who are in good standing with the Club. The Foundation is a legal entity (with its own Board of Directors) that has been organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Les Hommes Education Foundation, Inc. operates as an independent organization and is classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization (i.e., a public charity).
The mission of the Les Hommes Education Foundation, Inc. is:
(1) to provide scholarships or student aid for the advancement of education
(2) to support educational institutions
(3) to provide assistance for the enhancement of stressed geographical areas
(4) to support activities such as workshops and seminars
(5) to support activities that enhance the quality of life for community youths
(6) to support other 501(c)(3) organizations
Funding of the Foundation
The Les Hommes Education Foundation currently has 46 members. Funding to support the Foundation is derived from three primary sources: (1) pledges and donations from members, (2) aggressive fundraising activities by the Foundation, and (3) a corporate/external sponsorship program. These three sources of revenue provides the necessary capital to operate the Foundation.